The aim of this programme is to enable emergency service and armed forces veterans, whatever their state of fitness and physical or mental well being, the chance to rediscover the teamwork, camaraderie and adventure that so many of them are missing since they have left service.
The activities we can offer for this programme are as follows:
- Navigation; the ability to find your way in and around the mountains is a unique and important skills
- Abseiling; descending a sheer cliff face, safely, speedily and efficiently. There are many different styles of abseiling, some more effective than others in different circumstances. City to Summit offers an instructor lead Abseiling taster session. Different lengths, different locations, different abilities.</li>
- Rock Climbing; The ability to safely scale a cliff face. City to Summit offers an instructor lead Rock Climbing taster session. Different lengths, different locations, different abilities. </li>
Things like Navigation and team building skills in the mountains, abseiling and rock climbing are the order of the day for these veterans
- ‘obscure cliff scaling solutions’; climbing cliffs using equipment not generally thought of in a mountaineering expedition. Large Cargo nets and rope ladders being the main activities we can offer. Great for team building experiences.
- wild camping; Helping give you the ability to enjoy the outdoors from a truly spectacular perspective. Camping in some of the more wild and adventurous places in our countries mountains is an experience you will never forget.
All of our activities are closely monitored by our instructors for a completely safe adventurous experience!
All of our activities can be adapted to certain extents for people of varying degree’s fitness or ability allowing us, with adequate notification, to adapt your programme for the less physically abled members of your group.
We Would like to remind our customers of the most important rule City to Summit has: Leave nothing but footprints, take nothing but memories.
These activities can be offered as a one off or can be combined into a truly adventurous package covering all of the needs of your time with us.
To enquire further about our veteran programme or to book yourself or someone you know onto one of the courses please contact us here.